I realized the other day that I am halfway to my next birthday--39! So I decided to jump on the to-do list bandwagon and make a list of 19 things to do before I get there. (Seems that most people would have chosen 38 things to do before age 39 starting on their 38th birthday; since I'm already halfway between, I'm giving myself half that number--seems fair to me!). Here goes:
1. Invite our neighbors across the street over for dinner. They are always so thoughtful towards the boys, bringing them cookies and all sorts of other treats and alwasy taking time to come over and talk to them.
2. Treat myself to a facial. I've never had one, other than a 10-minute mini-facial earlier this year and I must say that it felt really nice!
3. We talked about this when we all gathered together at Halloween, but I want to make sure it happens: a movie night/cocktail hour for the kids/adults on our block.
4. List one of my photographs for sale on etsy.
5. Once a week, make sure to include myself in a picture, or take a self-portrait (so easy using the iPhone).
6. Write at least one blog post per week.
7. Upload all of the scrapbook layouts I have pictures of to 2Peas.
8. Start & finish the scrapbook of our trip to Maui in March 2010.
9. Make nine digital scrapbook pages and print them.
10. Exercise consistently using my Tracy Anderson Method DVDs. I was on a roll a few months ago but a trip and a lingering cough got me off track.
11. Bake baguettes. I purchased a fancy baguette pan a few months ago and still have not used it. I have King Arthur Flour and their very effective KAF Instant Yeast--I just need to get to the actual baking!
12. Apply to be on a scrapbook design team.
14. Post a picture on Clickin Moms Serious Critique board.
16. Sew something. Most likely the first project (napkins) in the Freckled Nest Home Ec Sewing E-course.
17. I've been putting it off for years now, but I need to make that appintment with the oral surgeon.
18. Move along all of our unwanted stuff, via eBay, Craigslist, my Newcomers group, Goodwill, recycling or the garbage. I'm read to be rid of all the extra stuff.